Our admissions policy is very simple.
When the school has more applications than there are places available, places will be offered according to the admissions criteria in the following order of priority:-
1. Children in the care of, or provided with accomodation by, a Local Authority (under Section 22 of the Children Act 1989),
2. Children living in the priority area who have a sibling at Middlemarch at the time of admission,
3. Children living in the priority area who have a sibling at the partner infant school(s) at the time of admission,
4. Other children living in the priority area who attend the partner infant school)s) immediately prior to transfer,
5. Other children living in the priority area,
6. Children living outside the priority area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission,
7. Children living outside the priority area who attend the partner infant school(s) immediately prior to transfer,
8. Children living outside the priority area who have a sibling at the partner infant school(s) at the time of admission,
9. Other children living outside the priority area.
Within each criterion, priority is given in order of distance between the child's home and school (shortest distance = highest priority). Distance will be calculated by the straight line measurement from the centre of the applicant's home address (as set by Ordnance Survey) to the centre point ('centroid') of the preferred school (all measurements are subject to prepositional accuracy changes). This applies equally to those living inside and outside the County boundary.
Partner schools are: Chilvers Coton Community Infant School and Glendale Community Infant School - depending on address (see below).
Priority Area: Bermuda Village, including Cornish Cresent, Radley Drive, Woburn Drive, Redwood Croft, Bermuda Road and Tenlons Road. Area between Frank Street, Riversly Road, Coton Road, Coventry Road, Middlemarch Road, Marner Road, Gilfil Road, Barton Road, College Street and Greenmoor Road as far as and including Cox's Close. Shared with Croft Junior and Queens C of E Junior: Glendale Estate, bounded in the north by Croft Road, to the east by Greenmoor Road and to the south by Heath End Road.
Note 1: If a child has a statement of Special Educational Needs naming Middlemarch School, the School Governors recognise their duty to admit the child provided they can meet the child's needs.
The above criteria relate to admissions on the first day of the Autumn Term each year. Admissions at other times will be considered following written/formal application to the Governing Body.
All admissions are determined by the School Governing Body.
Please note that our school's admissions number is currently 60 pupils per year group.
A copy of the School Admissions Policy can be accessed below.
If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.